Theonomics

Dedicated to examining the nexus between a person's world view of ,and/or belief in God, and a person's economic choices. Furthermore, theonomics also examines the collective result of such beliefs and decisions in creating and shaping societal economies.

Name:
Location: Greater Philadelphia, PA, United States

Married, 3 kids

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Emotion and Purchasing Decisions

Here are some other areas that I have observed as reason why people spend on non-essentials, i.e non needs such as food, shelter and water, even though they may play a factor in these areas as well:

  • Pleasure
  • Guilt
  • Fear
Pleasure is described as that which gives me either momentary or long term happiness. It could be a car that makes me feel good about myself, or a donation gives me joy in seeing the smile in a child's face.

Guilt is what always me to compensate for something that I should have done, but did not do. An extra special gift for one's spouse because one had to work on his/her birthday.

Fear of the unknown -- risk management could be encompassed within this emotion.

What brings us pleasure; what causes guilt; what create fear -- is there a connection between that which creates this in us and our understanding of the Divine?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home